Please refer to our video tutorial: Using the file manager.
File Manager is a web interface that allows you to manage all the files associated with your Easiest Web Hosting account. To use the file manager in cPanel:
- Log into cPanel.
- Click the File Manager icon.
- Open the Web Root (public_html/www) directory. This is where the publicly-available website is stored.
- Also click the Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) check box. Sometimes we may want to edit a hidden file, so it is convenient to always have them showing.
- Click the Go button. File Manager will open in a new window or tab, depending on your browser settings.
- To upload files to a directory, click the Upload icon.
- Click the Browse... button. Select the file you want to upload and click the Open button.
- Once the file has been uploaded, go back (using the link at the bottom of the page) to confirm that the file is uploaded.
- Clicking a file will cuase many of the previously greyed-out icons to become active.
Congratulations! You now know some basic functions of file manager.